Buying a house is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make in your life and not one to enter into lightly.
This five must do’s you will find helpful before you view a house. The information was sourced from www.havenmortgages.ie
- Use Google Maps to check the house out online before you visit, it is amazing what you can see in an aerial view.
- It is important to check online first to see if there any developments being planned for the area, many homeowners have purchased a property in a quiet area only to find later on that building work is planned and it affects the light into their home. A good source of finding out this could be a local authority website
- Do some research first on the type of material used in the build, for example Pyrite in construction can cause homes to fall apart.
- Investigate and do some research into the price, there is a source of pricing available that gives the average cost per home in the particular area.
- There is a great source called floodmap.ie where you can check if your potential home is on a floodplan or not
We are here every step of the way with advice like the above to make the entire process as painless and enjoyable as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help or have any questions regarding finance of your potential home, a good broker can take a great deal of worry out of this busy time
We advise that you seek professional advice as the information given is for guideline only and does not take into account your personal circumstances.